“Technology can find a better way to dye clothes or a better way to grow cotton or reuse end-of-life clothing,” says Amidi. “We think the same process of accelerating software startups can be applied to fashion.”
Michael Olmstead, Plug and Play’s vice president of corporate partnerships, adds that the accelerator’s goals is to take innovation in the apparel industry beyond e-commerce companies.
“Fashion is one of the most polluting industries and we’re looking to really accelerate the transition to a very circular industry,” he says.
<p> Without further ado,
Vegan Leather Brands – Made from Fungi </p>
1. Muskin – Made from popular fungi of China, this big parasitic mushroom Phellinus ellipsoideus feeds off subtropical trees. The company Life Materials has gathered and made this fungi into a textile that is available.
2. Mycotex – Mycotex has a research facility, thus far has created fungi-inclusive textiles and made a shift dress from it. This dress is also viewable.
3. Mycoworks – This company currently has many solutions, none of which are on the market. But their site….
4. Myx – With hemp included in the development, Myx by Jonas Edvard has a complicated description available for release and more information on their website.
5. Amadou – Also spoken of by Amidi. We couldn’t find the website. But we did some digging and found that the maker, Mako Csaba has many products available. Amadou is a spongy material derived from Fomes fomentarius fungi that grow on the bark of coniferous and angiosperm trees, and have the appearance of a horse’s hoof.